[LargeFormat] Wollensak Extreme Wide Angle Lenses

Tim Atherton largeformat@f32.net
Mon Apr 21 11:36:32 2003

PS - it could be "Wocoated" or "Wollocoated" (I can't find my Wollensak
brochure to check) - either way, a beautifully goofy 50s/60's advertising
name..

PPS - I just got my brand new Phillips Compact II 8x10 on the weekend - OMG
what a great camera - light, quick and easy (intuitive) to use, as rigid as
most monorails I've used (and more rigid than some). Just from two days of
trials, this just makes the process of photographing so much easier as far
as I'm concerned (and with the lighter tripod and head I can use, the over
my shoulder weight is cut by around 50%).

As a renowned photographer colleague of mine said - I will look back at the
Deardorff with the fondness of someone regarding a beautiful but impractical
and heavy piece of Victorian furniture :-)

tim