[LargeFormat] mail order reccomendations?

Ken Strauss largeformat@f32.net
Sun Mar 30 16:54:34 2003

I've been working on some ideas on how to improve on current digital =
quality
to achieve really long tonal ranges. Since my day job includes software
development I have ulterior motives to be involved in digital work... =
Plus,
much alternate process work requires a really large negative for contact
printing. These can probably be produced from a LF negative, digitally, =
with
much more consistency than doing it the conventional way.=20

I totally agree with your comments regarding the longevity of =
traditional
equipment vs the latest digital goodies. My enlarger was new in 1970 and =
is
as good as most anything available new today. My 4x5 was bought used in
1967. And it is not just photographic equipment -- one of my favourite
woodworking planes, a Stanley #95, bears a 1912 patent date. And yes, =
there
is something very satisfying about working with traditional tools and
techniques at the pace of yesteryear.