[LargeFormat] mail order reccomendations?

Ken Strauss largeformat@f32.net
Sun Mar 30 13:22:11 2003

Although not quite SW Ontario, I am in Toronto (Wellesley and Bay) and
trying to get back into large format. Although I sold my 8x10 Deerdorf =
many
years ago I still have a 4x5 Linhof and 4x5 enlarger.  I currently live =
in a
condo which makes darkroom work difficult but am moving to a much larger
townhouse this summer so I hope to get things setup again. I am =
particularly
interested in marrying large format, digital and alternate process work.

Anyone who would like to get together for coffee and a chat?

-----Original Message-----
From: largeformat-admin@f32.net [mailto:largeformat-admin@f32.net] On =
Behalf
Of Joseph O'Neil
Sent: March 30, 2003 10:03 AM
To: largeformat@f32.net
Subject: [LargeFormat] mail order reccomendations?

	My favourite camera store here in London, Ontario (exactly half way=20
between Detriot, MI and Toronto, ON) is closing down.   While we do have =

one other stare in the city offering some darkroom materials, the store=20
closing down was the only one n the city that on a regular basis stocked =

4x5 sheet film, fibre based graded paper, etc, etc.
	There si a store in Toronto I mail order stuff form (8 Elm Camera),
and=20
while I liek those guys, sometimes their stock is limited.  Heck, most =
of=20
the big Toronto camera stores are nto what it used to be when dealign =
with=20
large format gear & the associated darkroom materials.
	So, who's reccommended best for mail order when I need some more
supplies=20
later ths year?  Mya favourite film in 4x5 is Tri-X, it's easy enough to =

get, and I'll problaly stickl with it, but my favourite paper - Ilford=20
Galerie, seems toi be ahrd stuff to find.   Any reccomendations on where =
to=20
buy at, or any substitue?

	One last quesiton, are there any other LF shooters in SW Ontario on
this=20
list?  I never seem to run into anyone lese locally shooting LF.  :(
thanks much
joe

http://www.oneilphoto.on.ca
http://www.multiboard.com/~joneil
Una salus victis, nullam sperare salutem