[LargeFormat] short lens on a Durst 138s

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Mon Mar 24 17:58:00 2003

At 6:33 pm +0100 24/3/03, Alex Le Heux wrote:
snip

>Someone else mentioned that the three-lens "turret" that's on the 138S
>won't turn anymore with a sunken lensboard, so and that would be a bit
>annoying...
>
>Now all I need is an 80mm and a 39mm lensboard :)

Alex,

Yep, the turret will not turn with the sunken lensboard mounted -
some lenses also cause this rather unattractive feature. Given that
the enlarger is really intended for large format we can't be too
critical.

The Durst 138S is a very well designed piece of kit and a delight to
use. It's worth putting up with a little inconvenience to use it for
all formats.

I still have the job of turning the manual into a pdf file sitting in
my task list. Will prioritise that job and try to make some time......