[LargeFormat] short lens on a Durst 138s

Alex Le Heux largeformat@f32.net
Mon Mar 24 12:34:01 2003

> I may not be wise but am certainly feeling my age this morning......
>
> From memory, 80mm is about the limit before the bellows become a little
> too bound for comfort. When printing 6x7cm the 135mm lens sometimes has an
> outing. There is a DeVere 504 set up for medium format in the darkroom but
> I do prefer using the Durst. When time allows will try to remember to check
> out the lenses on the 138S unless someone else gets back to you before my
> work schedule relaxes!

80mm is what other people tell me as well, so it seems your memory is right
and age hasn't quite affected your mind yet :)

> The sunken lensboards seem to have a high value and are not easily found.
> If you keep your eyes open they do come up on Ebay from time to time and
> are a useful accessory to have around for MF work.

Someone else mentioned that the three-lens "turret" that's on the 138S
won't turn anymore with a sunken lensboard, so and that would be a bit
annoying...

Now all I need is an 80mm and a 39mm lensboard :)

Thanks!

Alex

--
"My theory is that the (Internet) industry was started in
large part by technologists rather than media people..."