[LargeFormat] Light meter recommendations

Jim Hemenway largeformat@f32.net
Mon Mar 10 12:42:10 2003

Damn Richard... I knew I shouldn't have parted with that PR-1 (my first
lightmeter) for the Weston V back in 1962, or thereabouts.

But thanks, I'll look around for one at the next photo swap meet (PHSNE)
next month.

I don't know if I've ever seen diffraction... from what you posted, is
it then a blurred image all over the groundglass at smaller than optimum
f stops?  Earlier today I was making some more test shots, (paper
negatives) with the APO-Ronar CL 420mm.  These were shot at f64 and
halfway between f90 and f128.  Except for the OOF areas, I didn't see
any blurring on the groundglass.  I'm finding that this lens has lots of
coverage for the 11x14 but the corners are blurry, (not just soft) until
I go down to at least f64.  It's a process lens and I now understand
that the blurry corners are expected at normal rather than at 1:1 focal
lengths.

It is a great lens for 8x10!

--
Jim - http://www.hemenway.com