[LargeFormat] Elgeet Update

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Thu Mar 6 04:10:00 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Klinkenborg" <angulon@opencominc.com>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 11:03 PM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Elgeet Update

> To all barrel lens users:
> I have been using more than 7-8 different lenses infront
of one
> Packard shutter on a B+J 8x10. The shutter is mounted
behind the B+J board,
> and each barrel lens is on its own smaller wooden board,
centered and
> aligned to allow the "Instantaneous" 1/25 second speed
button to work.
> I have been able to mount a 485 Apo RonarCL and a 300mm
f4,5 Zeiss
> Tessar in front of this shutter. With the longer lens,
there is no
> vignetting at f11 or smaller at the zero position. Every
lens is different
> in this regard.
> Of course the larger G-claron style lenses are not very
easy to
> use, but not impossible.
> Roger Klinkenborg
>
> >Hi John,

  I have a set up like this using an Ilex No.5 Universal
shutter. It has an adaptor on the front which takes lens
boards. I can even use a WA Protar on it without vignetting.
  Since a Packard shutter mounts very close to the lens
board back and is not very thick itself it should be
possible to make a universal adaptor which will not limit
the focal length of lenses due to vignetting.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com