[LargeFormat] Ultrabiglargeformatcamera

Joseph O'Neil largeformat@f32.net
Wed Mar 5 18:24:01 2003

At 15:13 3/5/03 -0800, you wrote:
>The camera is a process camera, used by the semiconductor and printing
>industries for decades. I ran one of these in the early 60's. As process
>cameras go, this one is not particularly large. Those used for making
>semiconductor masks make this one look like a toy.

         The cartography department (maps & map making)  of the local
university dismntled thier process camera last eyar.  I looked at it, but
waaay to big and too heavy.

         However, i did buy the lenses form it.  Process lenses are not too
bad, and i use the red dot artar mounted in an old ilex shutter to great
effect.   Very sharp and clena lens.  At f9, a bit dim to focus, but I
backpack,a nd it is a nice, small light lens.

         The big problme with man of these process cames is they were
actually built into palce.  You do nto just pcik them up and move
them.  Everything has to be exacly levle and sqaure to set one up properly,
so I speculate the oringal cost of installation would be pretty hefty.

         Anyhow, fi anyone si nearby, try to get th elens/lenses from
it.  The two I pciked up seem to work great on my 4x5.
joe

http://www.oneilphoto.on.ca
http://www.multiboard.com/~joneil
Una salus victis, nullam sperare salutem