[LargeFormat] EBay/auction sniper

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Tue Feb 11 23:31:43 2003

Up until a couple of weeks ago I thought Auction sniper was a marriage
saver.  No more "Gotta go home early to bid on something"  but has anybody
else noticed that they've been having problems a bit too often?  They
claim ebay slows down and it backs them up, so even though ebay was back
to normal when my auction closed, AS couldn't place the bid.  I"m about
ready to give up on AS. Anybody else have any suggestions? Alternatives?

Les

RE: Ebay proxy bidding makes them money

Yes it does benefit them. Most people don't have a maximum amount they
will pay for an auction. They will bid it up and go back and bid again and
again. This raises the final price and you'll have to enter a snipe more
than what's been bid up.   At one point people were complaining so loudly
about sniping that ebay looked into extending the auction time by X amount
after the final bid. This would allow reaction bidding.  I guess trying to
manage a 100,000 acutions with multiple end times just wasn't feasable.

They know that their proxy bidding makes them money, because they refuse
to allow links to Auction Sniper and others in their auctions.  I had 15
auctions shot down because of it.