[LargeFormat] Re: Introductions

tripspud largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jan 19 11:24:06 2003

Hi,

     I spent a year at RIT in '64, right before the campus moved.
Gene Smith spent an improptu hour with my photo illustration
class of about 40 one noon.  AA & EWs print quality was my
god.  I had a prolab a year.  I used some 8x10 in the '70s
with Supper-xx and D-23 (N+FIVE, I kid you not).  Returning
to photography after over two decades away.  My lab made
Positive prints from slides via internegative.  Kodak designed
lab, a real dream with SuperCromega on a stage with drop
baseboard shelfs and 20x24 easel with 16x20 Calumet
basket line with temperture controled nitrogen burst
agitation.

    Now, only black and white.  A hugh 5x7
Elwood looks like it'll work and a moded 5x7
Seneca that weights under 5 pounds.  I've got
75 sheets Bergger 200 film, scale, pyro, amidol,
No. 3 safelight, trays, and Mike and Paula's e-mail
address plus 100 sheets of Azo.

Cheers,

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California