[LargeFormat] Re: Introductions

Steve Bell largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jan 19 05:18:01 2003

On 19/1/03 3:16 am, "largeformat-request@f32.net"
<largeformat-request@f32.net> wrote:

> Message: 5
> Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:04:34 +0000
> To: largeformat@f32.net
> From: Clive Warren <cocam@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Subject: [LargeFormat] Introductions
>
> Dear All,
>
> There are now 321 members of the f32 Large Format list!
>
> It seems that we do not hear from a large number of people on the
> list so this in an invite to everyone to come out of lurking mode and
> tell us who you are. Something simple on your photographic
> background, kit and preferred format/film and location would be a
> good starting point.

I'm a lurker who joined this list to find out more about large format prior
to making a decision on what to purchase when funds become available around
May time. I live in Aylesbury, Bucks, UK. I used 6x6 and my fathers darkroom
from the early 60's, then 35mm until my daughter was born and my darkroom
became the baby room. Almost everything was passed on or sold in the
following years, then the interest was rekindled a few years back. Currently
using Canon fd 35mm kit and an old 6x6 Ensign folding camera. I did consider
medium format such as a Mamiya C330 with a wide lens, but will leap frog
this to 4x5, will be looking at used technical camera's with a 90mm wide
lens. One being considered is one of the last MPP models.

I currently scan 35mm on a dedicated scanner, and 6x6 on a flat bed at work,
and print digitally to an Epson 1290S and 1200. I'll probably invest in the
new Epson 3200 dpi flat bed for scanning 4x5. I only develop my own B&W
negs, I send E6 away for processing. There's no room here now for a wet
darkroom. Photography is a hobby, I work servicing Apple computers at work
and use them at home.

Steve Bell