[LargeFormat] Compur 00 (was Crown Graphic Movements(or lack of) ?)

Brock Nanson largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jan 13 12:22:19 2003

Hi Richard,

Yes the tiny screw is there, although it looks like someone has had a
screwdriver on it in the past, if you know what I mean!  There are two
other marks at third points that almost look like other holes, but they
aren't.

The blade that's moved has moved enough that I can see a hole in the end
that would normally be used to hold it (I assume).  The detents still
work, but the B setting is now 1 second so either the whole thing has
slipped or there is more going on here than first meets the eye.  I
suspect pressure on the front cell did something costly... certainly it
needs to be opened up to re-align the shutter blade back into position.
If I loosen that small screw, am I in to the springs and complicated stuff
straight away, or do I need to go a layer or two deeper?  Aaack, I suppose
the right thing to do is send it down to Mr. Grimes before I really mess
things up!

Brock