[LargeFormat] Mounting Large Prints

Curt Miller largeformat@f32.net
Sat Dec 28 18:34:01 2002

Rich Larsen wrote:
>       I've just invested in a Seal drypress and tacking iron.  The 150
> Seal has a platen size of 15 1/2 by 18 1/2 inches.  However, much larger
> prints can be easily handled in section, so prints on mounts as wide
> as 40 inches and any length can be handled.  Of course, for mounting
> a large number of large prints, a larger press would be better.

It's true that a big press would be handier.  You may come across one for
cheap sometime.  Seems everyone is abandoning them.  I've got three presses
of different sizes and like using the smaller ones for smaller prints.

>      Printing these on Azo, a single weight paper, almost demands
> drymounting.

I sure do agree with that.  I think Michael can give you some salient points
for making that choice.

Curt Miller, M.P.A.
Classic Photography by Miller
B&W Photography - Minox to 8x10