[LargeFormat] Mounting Large Prints

tripspud largeformat@f32.net
Sat Dec 28 18:06:01 2002

Hi Curt and Les!

      I've just invested in a Seal drypress and tacking iron.  The 150
Seal has a platen size of 15 1/2 by 18 1/2 inches.  However, much larger
prints can be easily handled in section, so prints on mounts as wide
as 40 inches and any length can be handled.  Of course, for mounting
a large number of large prints, a larger press would be better.

     However, even for small prints, which I'm setting up to do, have
a better chance when drymounted, IMO.  For example, I've got most
of the materials to begin my 5x7 project.  I've given up on cuttting that
Panatomic-X aerial film to 5x7 and I'm waiting 75 sheets of Bergger
film to arrive.

     Printing these on Azo, a single weight paper, almost demands drymounting.

Cheers,

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California
tripspud@transbay.net