[LargeFormat] Critique

Verna Knapp largeformat@f32.net
Tue Dec 24 15:30:01 2002

And if you *are* a belly dancer who happens to be a large format photographer?

As a belly dancer, I'm thoroughly enjoying this discussion. It is nice
to be appreciated. :-)

As a larger format photographer, I'm in awe of anybody who can capture
that kind of action photo with LF equipment. There are so many moves
that look good on film only if caught just right, and just awful in many
of the other stages. I just hate it when somebody catches me with my
belly sticking out in the middle of a belly roll! A good belly dancer
moves a lot, with multiple moves going on at the same time. Even poses
and pauses can be dynamic. Doing the unexpected is part of entertaining
the audience. I try to be unpredictable. It would be a great way to burn
a lot of film.

The fastest action I've ever managed to catch on sheet film is when I
chased Sluggo the racing slug down a big rock.

Verna

--
" Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.  "
--The Dalai Lama