[LargeFormat] Critique

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Tue Dec 24 04:14:00 2002

Dear Mr. Hird,

    I think I need to tell you a few things. These may come as a bit of a
shock. Brace yourself.

     A great many of the members of this list are not Australian.
They...WHOA...GEEZ...Somebody pick Graeme up and put him back on the chair.
Get him a beer. Pour it into him. If he won't open up pour it over him.
That's better.

    Now, as I was saying, a number of these invisible typists are quartered
in Canada, the USA, France, Switzerland, Norway, and....brace
yourself....England.

     Oh, pick him up again, someone. Geez.

     Now, make this easy for yourself and others. Remember the rules of the
list. Large format cameras are the go. Large is anything bigger than 2 1/4"
x 2 3/4" negative size. In the future as they shrink the equipment these
sizes will qualify for LF status, but for now 4 x5 and largr are safe.
Discount all tales of films larger than 10" x 12" as these are either
historic memories or the photographic equivalent of teenagers in the locker
room comparing their dimensions - " Mine is bigger than yours and mine is
panchromatic".

    Try to avoid any talk of Digital. Until someone comes out with a digital
back that slips into a DD holder and costs $ 18 this is a taboo subject.

    Try to avoid all talk of the English cricket IX. Or if you do mention
them try not to Bwahahahahahaha
HOO HOO HOO....Oh, God, I'm sorry. It just overwhelmed me. I'm better now.

    Be honest with your fellow list members. If you are taking pictures of
cold fried eggs with cigarette butts stubbed out in them and selling the
platinum prnts for $ 4000, you can lie about it, but make the lies
convincing. Introduce us to your buyers....

    If you are into belly dancers, welcome to the club.

     Uncle Dick