[LargeFormat] Lenses

Tim Atherton largeformat@f32.net
Sun Dec 15 00:40:01 2002

this is the LF mailing list Jim - there's an online discussion forum on the
site (which I must say, I've not really looked at)

PS - I just got a pristine Kowa 210 f9 for my 8x10 (a steal on ebay) - it
seems like a little beaut. the lens groups fit in the Copal 1 shutter my 210
g claron is in - it's actually slightly smaller than the Claron, so it's
tiny. I'm testing it out, but it has a bit more coverage than the Claron
(which is why I got it). It appears to just cover 8x10 @f16, give some
movement at f22 and more above that, obviously. Supposedly very sharp, and
usable over most of the image circle. At $90 + shutter, pretty pleased so
far...

Only problem so far, no filter threads - but there are ways around that.

tim

PS - that's one helluva light table!