[LargeFormat] Idiot

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Mon Dec 9 07:57:23 2002

Dear Friends,

     Have you nothing better to do than read the ramblings of an idiot? And
make no mistake about it - I am an idiot. I was reminded of this just now
when I took a rack of 4 x 5 negatives out of the wash tank and pegged them
up. I have done the old trick of failing to turn the DD slide over and have
put two images on one sheet.

    The young lady in question did her part very well. Both images show a
commendable amount of young lady and the poses are quite elegant. The fact
that they are 90 degrees to each other and overlapping a chest on a backside
is the problem.

    I must make a sacrifice here. Something must go. Please let me know the
Kodak formulae for dissolving one of the backsides or one of the heads. We
can leave the 4 chests there as a sort of artistic statement.

     Alternately, would you please all detail how you prevent this sort of
deplorable operational foulup in your studios? I have done it about 3 times
so far and the result never has quite the appeal of the single image.

     Uncle Idiot