[LargeFormat] Jobo 3000 Series Expert Drums

Verna Knapp largeformat@f32.net
Tue Dec 3 04:09:23 2002

Without too much trouble? Not hardly. And I'm apparently not strong
enough to make the vaseline method work. Have not succeeded yet
with it.

I deal with the explosions by wrapping the whole rig in a very
large towel, making sure it covers the top. This restrains the
flying lid.

If/when the drum develops tiny leaks that make the pump ineffective,
I have a pine 1x4 about 2' long. I hold the drum and working around
the lid, club it upwards gently until it finally lets go. Then
I get the bottle of a cement that works by melting the plastic
slightly and paint all of the seams, and it is good for using the
foot pump for a while longer.

Also, it can take quite a lot of stomping on that pump (I use
my foot to drive it) sometimes before the lid will pop.

Verna