[LargeFormat] Jobo 3000 Series Expert Drums

Skip Roessel largeformat@f32.net
Mon Dec 2 13:21:42 2002

I have an Expert 3005 to run my 5x7 in.  I've come up with the following
technique with I offer (with caution).

After the wash, when all that's in there is water, I place the tank upright on
counter or floor, grasp the lid firmly with both hands, holding it down, and
blow gently into the opening.  One holds the lid firmly so it doesn't pop up
too far, which on occasion can bruise your lips some, but if done cautiously,
becomes second nature. Don't need much breath pressure.

I suppose you could make a tool for pulling the lid by bending over the blade
tip of a cheap stainless table knife. Probably need a mechanic's vise to fold
the blade very close to the end.

Note that Jim lubricates the inner rim and not the tank body.  You definitely
don't want traces of vaseline winding up on your fingertips in the course of
the loading session, where it could find its way onto undeveloped negatives.

Skip Roessel
skiproessel@mindspring.com