[LargeFormat] Bill Brandt

winddancing largeformat@f32.net
Mon Dec 2 17:46:01 2002

The image I remember was the back of a wooden VC that had set after set of
smaller and smaller film sizes.  Sounds confusing but that is what it looked
like.  If you are after his "effect" then you'd have to think of a 70+ years
ago camera.  Probably a near pin-hole in size aperture and effect.
Logically I guess you could say that it was a close-up camera miss-used for
three dimensional image making.
I had a book of his and remember seeing a picture of the camera (back view)
in a Photographic encyclopedia that included a small account of him.