[LargeFormat] new portrait lens to my managerie

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sat Nov 2 20:46:51 2002

At 17:25 30/10/2002 -0800, Les Newcomer wrote:
>While I have no problem allowing that to happen,  I wanna get some more
>"artful" photographs of them.
>I'm threatening doing a documentary of the restoration of the 3A--it would
>be stills of course and I'd have to find a web site, etc. but at this
>point I'm concentrating on getting a place to put up a sweep and a soft
>box that doesn't interfere with dinner.
>
>the 3A is an 'f4 portrait' lens  (petzval)   below is the link to to
>3Bs.   at the extreme left is a 3A like mine.
>http://home.twmi.rr.com/lnphoto/SERIES3B.jpg
big snip

Les,

Sounds good - you have no need to look any further for a web site for your
3A documentary - would be happy to place the article on the f32.net web
site in the equipment section.  Or if you prefer it could appear in the f32
Discussion Forum.

Those 3 series lens are pretty serious - what cameras were they used on?
They must weigh enough to challenge even the most rigid front standard of
any large wooden field type camera. Guess that we are in the realms of
older versions of Uncle Dick's shen hao studio camera complete with
wheels......

Hope the portraiture session was fruitful.