[LargeFormat] Jobo Tank for 4x5

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Wed Oct 30 19:33:23 2002

At 7:30 pm -0800 29/10/02, Frank Filippone wrote:
>Clive... I have just properly processed 4 5x7 negs per load in
>Photographers' Formulary versio of Rollo Pyro...
>CPE2, JOBO Tank #2840.....  It works really well, uses little chemicals, and
>honestly, is THE solution for us CPE2 owners.....
>
>The 2840 tanks is made up of 2 separate tanks components.. a 2523 tank
>bottom and a separate tank "tube".. really a cylinder that extends the tank
>height.......  The tube has the little protrusions for keeping the film off
>the walls
>
>Apropos the situation with the film back and the antihalation
>coating......... I did notice that even through several post development
>wash cycles, there was a definite grey-black color to the wash water...
>which cleared up completely by the 4th cycle....  so it is necessary to post
>develop clear the back of the film.... the tanks works great for this.....
>but you must run many changes of water to be sure.....
>
>Try it~!
>
>Frank Filippone

Frank,

That's exactly what I needed to know. Will have some time to dig
around in the darkroom starting from next week. Have taken the big
leap into the unknown and will be without a regular paycheque from
tomorrow!

Will let you know what I find in the cupboards :-)

Thanks for the tips on the anti-halation backing wash cycles. Will
have to take a look at the SilverPrint catalogue to see if there is a
Rollo Pyro brew available. I am a little reluctant to try making my
own after all the warnings about mixing up from powder form.