[LargeFormat] The Oh My Goodness File

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Sun Oct 20 17:28:01 2002

I went on Holiday to Mackinac Island  (for those of you outside of
Michigan, it's french-corrupted indian and is pronounce Mack in aw)  The
island has been a getaway for Detoriters and Chicagoans alike for more
than a century.  The tiny town is full of Victorian charm--most of the
hotel rooms don't have a phone, fewer still have a television. No
motorized vehicles are allowed during tourist season, The three modes of
transportation are foot bicycle and horse.  It really is a nice place to
escape your 21st century life and relax.

After the third day I found myself, tired of fudge, T-shirts and tourists
and while walking a lesser street a faint, but familiar aroma. But what
was this enticing scent?  I followed my nose, first this way and that,
losing the track now and then, until I came upon the back of a building.
I walked around and found--- a one hour photo processing store!   I smiled
and went in.   "Can I help you" the college "here fo rthe summer" clerk
asked.  "Thanks, but I'm a photographer and I've been away from the
darkroom for two weeks and just needed to come in a get a fix."

"Sure no problem, we get that all the time".

Les