[LargeFormat] A better way

Hornford, Dave largeformat@f32.net
Wed Aug 7 11:50:19 2002

Pete,
What is the difference between the expert & standard drums?
The final price isn't the issue, its value for price, if you follow my
meaning. I do not understand what I'll get with the expert drum.

Dave

Dave Hornford
"Remember, you can't steal second if you don't take your foot off
first."
   --- Mike Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Caluori [mailto:pcaluori@hotmail.com]=20
Sent: August 7, 2002 9:27 AM
To: largeformat@f32.net
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] A better way
<SNIP>

Greetings Dave,

I heartily recommend the Jobo processors.  Personally I use a CPP-2, but

would recommend that you consider the CPA-2 as a minimum.  Sure, you can

process 4x5's in a CPE, but you can't use the Expert series drums.  I've

heard talk of potential uneven development in non Expert drums with
sheet=20
film, but don't have any first hand expereince.  What I can tell you is
that=20
with the Expert drums I get absolute even processing of 4x5, 5x7 and
8x10=20
film, while processing B&W, C-41 and E-6.  While you're only doing 4x5
now,=20
you may want to consider the future.  As for the price, yes they're more

expensive, but I'd recommend you watch e-Bay as they come up regularly
and=20
at a fraction of the new price.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards, Pete