[LargeFormat] A better way

Frank Filippone largeformat@f32.net
Wed Aug 7 11:34:54 2002

I have a CPE2.  I develop only 4 sheets of 4x5 film or double that with a
2553 ( ? 2563?) tank.  It works fine.  The reels for 4x5 hold 6 sheets each,
but you are recommended to use only 4 for even film development.  2 reels =
8 sheets at a time.

The real limitation in the CPE vs CPA or CPP processors is in the maximum
capacity of liquid that the mnotor can turn.  In the CPE you are limited to
600mL of solution for any step.  For the CPA or CPP the limitation is 1L.
The motor ini the CPE is of a lower power. so it can not turn as much.

That limitation affects the kind of diluted developer you can use, the
number of roll films you can develop at one time, and therefore the
throughput of your darkroom.

Think it through first......  I own a CPE because it fits in my darkroom
better.  The CPP or CPA is a significantly larger machine.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net