[LargeFormat] A better way

Hornford, Dave largeformat@f32.net
Wed Aug 7 10:54:01 2002

I need a better way for many things. Some I have improvements underway,
some only need a multi-million dollar infusion of cash, others behaviour
modification, and on some I am truly lost...

On the topic of truly lost, I need a better way of developing 4x5 & 7x5
E-6 pictures. I tried a commercial establishment, I tried a second
establishment, and using BTZS tubes. But am looking for a better method
of developing them in my darkroom. Development tends to be in batches of
8 (remarkably coincidental to the capacity of a Fuji QuickHolder)

I have heard talk of Jobo devices. Reading indicates that these may be a
sterling answer - however my research has left a quandary: regular Tanks
or Expert Tanks. I have two competing predispositions - first a CPA-2
with an expert tank and second a CPE-2 without an expert tank. The 165%
price variation makes me wonder.

I look to your experience, or the experience of those you may know
about, or your opinions unsullied by practical experience.

Dave Hornford
"Where do you store the time you save?"
   --- Anon