[LargeFormat] G-Claron 210mm for 8x10?

Tim Atherton largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jul 22 18:55:48 2002

What are the opinions on the G-Claron 210 as a "budget" 210 for use on
8x10?

This will be for mainly landscape/urban landscape use. I need some
movement, but not tons.

The opinions I've come across seem evenly
divided! - along the lines of: the lens will barely cover 8x10 and is
soft at the edges/despite published figures it will cover 8x10 with
plenty of movements at f22 and smaller/it's an older design and
single coated and can't compare with modern lenses/it's a real
sleeper and a great lens - Fred Picker swore by them - you can't go
wrong with it.

Sooo... what's the real gen? Will it do or not?

tim a