[LargeFormat] Dry Mounting Presses

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jun 16 05:53:00 2002

At 10:03 pm -0500 15/6/02, Lee Carmichael wrote:

>Snap off the dream channel and back to Largeformat photography.  Did I tell
>you about finding a very dirty but cleanable Seal dry mount press this
>weekend.  Used to belong to a commercial shooter here in town.  Now both are
>dead and the estate people let me have it for $15.00.  All of the things
>work.  The lights work and the gauge works and the thing really heats up.
>So, I am thrilled.  Now I have 3.  I have one on semi-permanent loan to
>another photographer and friend in town.
>
>lee

Lee,

You were robbed! ;-)

There is one of these things in my hall - bought because it was there
rather than a specific need at the time. It is so big and heavy that
it needs two fit people to move it - which is why it is still in the
hall :-) The thermostat is gone on it but that is a fairly simple
task to correct. When the motorcycle comes out of the darkroom the
press will find its way in......

It's always a delight to watch the faces of new female visitors to my
house - some of them come back......