[LargeFormat] RE:IR filters

Diane Maher largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jun 8 20:58:25 2002

Hi Clive,
> As I have said before - the 89B is in my opinion the best filter for
use=20
with MACO film. If you have tested MACO film using the 88A and are happy

with the results then that's fine.

The 89B is the only one of the three opaque IR filters on the CoCam site
that I don't have, so I made do with what I do have.  The 87 gel filter
worked fine, although I had problems with the metal gel holder
vignetting my 50mm lens on my 6x7.  The 88A also worked fine.  The R72
and the Cokin 003 would work if I shortened my shutter speed a bit.  I
was shooting the scene at f/16 & alternating between 1/2 sec. and 1 sec.

> I am a long way from the Lake District - visited once as a child (it
rained=20
- a lot!). There is so much to photograph around the South West of
England=20
and particularly in Wales that I have never felt the urge to go back.
There=20
have been some stunning photos taken in the Lake District and I wish you

every success on your trip over.  Hope you have fun at the workshop.

I plan on having fun.  I hope it doesn=92t rain and isn't boiling hot =
and
humid.

Diane