[LargeFormat] Camaraderie

Kent Gibbs largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jun 4 08:57:25 2002

Ditto. And lets not forget Jack Hillers, and Timothy O'Sullivan. Their
work in the Tetons and the southwest after the American civil war is
amazing. I can't imagine having to haul all that equipment over trails
that mules had trouble with.

See links below

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/canyon/peopleevents/pandeAMEX03.html
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/osullivan_timothy.html

"Rule Not Bent"

--- Les Newcomer <lnphoto@twmi.rr.com> wrote:
> I have to say the same thing about William Henry Jackson.
>
> Lugging around an 20x24 wet plate camera, darktent, and equipment in
> Yellowstone just blows my mind. The fact that he lived to a ripe old
> age and
> being able to have seen and participated in photography from the dag
> kodachrome leaves me in awe.
>
> then being able to get all of those glass plates back i none piece is
> amazing.
>
> (okay not all of them made it, but I doubt WHJ could get ANY through
> baggage
> claim these days)

=====
Kent M. Gibbs