[LargeFormat] Camaraderie

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jun 3 20:38:55 2002

I have to say the same thing about William Henry Jackson.

Lugging around an 20x24 wet plate camera, darktent, and equipment in
Yellowstone just blows my mind. The fact that he lived to a ripe old age an=
being able to have seen and participated in photography from the dag to
kodachrome leaves me in awe.

then being able to get all of those glass plates back i none piece is
amazing.

(okay not all of them made it, but I doubt WHJ could get ANY through baggag=
claim these days)