[LargeFormat] The Medical Report.

Joseph O'Neil largeformat@f32.net
Sat May 25 08:42:00 2002

Yo Dick!

-snip-

>    Now you asked about mental stability, medications, and such. Fear not, I
>am not driven by chemicals, if you except coffee, the occasional shot of
>hard liquor, and the contents of the darkroom.

         A, a man after my own heart.  Fine brandy is my favourite, and
Cognac during the holidays or special occasions.

>I have been examined and judged a fit
>citizen by the West Australian Police Force who issued me with a number of
>permits for rifles, muskets, and revolvers. They did not issue me with
>permits for mortars, cannons, crossbows, hand grenades, or swivel guns, but
>then I never actually asked for any....

         On a quasi-serious note, I like to attend local war re-enactments
here in Canada.   I fyou do have an interest in heavier artillery, this is
a wodnerful and legal way to get close and personal witht he stuff.  :)
         More to the point, when you show up at a gathering of the War of
1812 or the US Civil war re-enactment gathering, and you do so with a view
camera in tow, you are greeted by the participants with an openess of
spirit more pronounced than the average visitor.  You are almost a kindred
spirit in the eyes of some.   The older and bigger the view camera, the
more the effect.   If I ever won a lottery and could retire early, I'd by
myself an old 8x10 Deardorff ans spend the summer season travelling the
weekends from one re-enactment to another.

>    Now I concentrate myself on the studio. As the rest of the photographic
>world goes digital I am going to go the other way.

         Myself too.  I do have a digital camera, but don't care much for
it.   Alos, I find digital imagin is about 10 years behind desktop
publishing in some ways, in terms of businessees converting over to
it.   In my family business, we litterally went from a 100 year old
printing press to desktop publishing.  although we can do things 1,000
times faster and mor ecomplex on the computer as oppsoed tot he printing
press, I find because of the fact a computer is obsolete within 3 years (at
least from keeping current with the competition), you lay out so much money
on new gear all the time, the profit margin is actually less than it was
using the printing press.
         Also, i have found out, it is easer to get parts for a 100 year
old printing press than a 5 year old printer.  Go figure that one out?

>  Then you go to bed and wake up
>the wife.

         My wie hates it when I do that.  How do you keep yours happy?  No
graphic details please.  :)

joe

http://www.oneilphoto.on.ca
http://www.multiboard.com/~joneil
"Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem"