[LargeFormat] On my way to 8x10

Charles Thorsten largeformat@f32.net
Thu May 23 21:06:01 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Briggs" <MichaelBriggs@Earthlink.net>
To: "Charles Thorsten" <cthorsten@earthlink.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 11:09 PM
Subject: RE: [LargeFormat] On my way to 8x10

> On 23-May-02 Charles Thorsten wrote:
> > It's the first lens I've ever seen that goes to f/260!!!!!  Does
> > anyone know what the coatings for this lens are supposed
> > to look like?  The elements have a very slight yellow finish.
> > It's an older lens, so perhaps it is single-coated?
>
> Unless very late, probably single-coated.
>
> Serial number data that someone posted on the web:

>      1974 9.000.000
>
>      1977 9.500.000
>
>      1979 10.000.000

Thanks for the info.  Looks like my lens was made
around 1977, as the serial # is 9 521 095.  I'm guessing
it's single-coated.  That's okay, most of its use will be
indoors, and I'll always keep it shaded outdoors.  Color
reproduction should be superb based on the reputation
of the Apo-Ronars.

-Charlie