[LargeFormat] Some Advice Please

Tori Nelson largeformat@f32.net
Thu May 16 21:27:02 2002

Hello All,

Hopefully, there are enough of us not at the workshop, that I'll be able to
get a solution for my problem.

I was doing a final wash on an 8x10 neg in a tray with running water.
Normally when I do this, I change the water every few minutes.  While
washing this particular neg, it became nessesary to leave the darkroom.
(It was time to feed the dogs and administer my children's 5:00 p.m.
beatings.)  I was so caught up in what I was doing that I forgot about the
neg. and didn't return to it for about 40 minutes.  The water was still
flowing, but the print was floating at the top of the tray; only partially
submerged.  Now the neg has blotchy areas that are lighter than others.
Is there any way to save this neg?

Thanks,

Tori