[LargeFormat] Help getting a camera

Helge Nareid largeformat@f32.net
Thu Apr 4 17:56:47 2002

On 02 Apr 2002 08:38, you wrote in lister.large-format:

> I have recently moved to Trondheim, Norway and am desperate for the
> use of a monorail camera with at least a 20 inch/ 50cm rail and a 90mm
> lens.
>
> While in graduate school in California I made my work using a fully
> extended 4x5 Cambo monorail with a 90mm Schneider lens and strobes to
> do extremely close up work on moldy fruit and body parts. The results
> were wonderful. I now have a perishible item which I cannot take out
> of Norway (I suppose I could drive it to other parts of Scandinavia).
> I will need the equipment for no more than a week, but I have
> absolutely no idea where to find it to rent or borrow.
>
> Does anyone know either a) a place in Norway (Trondheim?) where they
> rent LF equipment? or b) a place in Europe where I could rent and have
> it mailed?
>
> Betsy

Trondheim, my home town! Where I got started in large format photography
(something like 20 years ago). It is nearly 5 years since I moved from
there, but I would be astonished if anybody there offer monorails for
rentals.

One man who probably knows the photographic scene in Trondheim better than
most is Dag Nystuen, who runs a photographic import/retail business called
"Foto Import AS". His business telephone number is 73 51 00 40. He is
something of an enthusiast, so I think you'll find him worth talking to. As
far as I know, he has no LF kit for rental or loan himself, but if anybody
in Trondheim does, he's likely to know about it. There is a website at
"http://www.fotoimport.no", the intro page is in Norwegian only, but click
on the picture and you'll find the link to the English page.

If he can't help you, I may still have a contact or two who may be able to
help you out if asked nicely, so you can send me a personal e-mail. Dag
runs a business and will probably be glad of the exposure, but I don't wish
to post private individuals' names on mailing lists.

--
- Helge Nareid
  Nordmann i utlendighet, Aberdeen, Scotland