[LargeFormat] Pollie sheets and digicheckers

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Thu Apr 4 09:29:42 2002

Dear Les,

     Oh Gloom. Shall I just carry on buying the boxes of 4 x 5 Polaroid
colour as I need them? Can Polaroid accurately predict its own future? Would
Fuji institute an instant sheet line if the Polaroid people cease making it?
Turn up the gain on the crystal ball.....

    Wait a minute, folks. Is this a chance for a great new product? The
digital checker back? No need to create a megagigawhackafile to put into a
computer - just a little liquid crystal screen at the back to show a central
part of the image - and an adjustment that accurately correlates the
intensity of that image to the ASA of the film that you are using. The the
whole image can be wiped by the next shot - no need to save it.

     Combine this with the movable probe like the old Gossen meter that you
waved around the ground glass and the little screen out on a seperate box -
why, I'd buy it to replace Polaroid - no waiting 90 seconds to peel apart
and no messy caustics.

     ARE YOU LISTENING IN CAMBRIDGE AND ROCHESTER?

     Uncle Dick

PS: I am a bitter and twisted creature since they took Polaroid Sepia off my
local market. I loved that film.