[LargeFormat] Sally Forth Unto A Bright New Day

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Thu Apr 4 08:59:01 2002

My experience in Polaroid long term storage is not good.

During my assiting days I kept a spare box in the photographers spare wheel
well incase we needed it. This was the entire blue corregated box not just
the foiled white box.

Well we needed it one January so i went and got it and about two thirds of
the pods had burst leaving them useless.

And room temp storage doesn't work either.  This is one of the few things
that I watch the expiration date on, for B&W 3 to 4 months out is tops and
even less than that for color.

Polaroid keeps saying they are commited to the sheet film and pros.

but then Enron said they were in great shape, and the Titanic was
unsinkable.

I'd like to turn back time as see what would have transpired if Kodak had
acted on the proposal to buy Polaroid early on when it had the chance.
Considering Kodak fired all of it's B&W reasearch chemists in 1982 because
digital was just around the corner, maybe it's better for us that they
didn't.

Les