[LargeFormat] Plate Holders

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Thu Mar 28 07:59:01 2002

While that  bit of history lesson was as accurate as my experience, things
were a bit different in England.

With makers like Watson, Sanderson, and Gandolfi not very far away,
standardizing film holders may have taken a bit longer.  A friend of mine
bought a 1940ish Watson and it still used mahogany and brass holders and th=
ground glass flipped up instead of pulling back.

Still I would have expected any monorail to use common film holders

Les