[LargeFormat] 8x10 B&W Film

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Wed Mar 27 18:27:00 2002

At 3:16 pm -0800 27/3/02, Wilkes, Don MSER:EX wrote:
snip
>  > listed at Silverprint is Agfachrome RSX II 100 at $101 for 10 sheets!
>
>Gasp!
>
>>  That would sort out your metering technique :-)
>
>Damn straight. One would tend to get *fanatical* about it.  No wonder you
>like coming to North America to shoot -- the savings on film must pay for
>half the trip!

Yep - all film is bought in the US on arrival. I make arrangements to
have the stock ready for collection and usually get a good price on a
bulk buy. The even bigger savings are made on dev for trannies - the
cost is less than half what it is here in England. This is a bonus as
I try to avoid travelling with film that hasn't been developed
anyway....