[LargeFormat] 8x10 B&W Film

Wilkes, Don MSER:EX largeformat@f32.net
Wed Mar 27 17:14:11 2002

> Oh to live in the US :-)  My preference would be for HP5+ but you
> need a meeting with your bank manager here in the UK before you're
> allowed to buy it ;-)

Being idly curious, I had a quick zip around several web sites of shops
selling HP5+ in 8x10.  And, you're right, Clive -- it does seem more
expensive in the UK, but not by a huge amount.  In the States, it averages
about $51 for 25 sheets.  That'd be about 36 pounds sterling, about 4 pounds
less than what you'd pay at Silverprint.  It is curious that it costs more
in the country of manufacture, but stranger things have happened...

Oh, wait -- I forgot the VAT.  What's that, 17% or so?  Yeah, you're getting
screwed!   That'd be around US$67, which'd be enough to make one complain
rather loudly, I should think.

Converting those numbers into Candian dollars makes me all woozy, and happy
that I'm into 4x5...

\donw in victora