[LargeFormat] t-max films

Don Feinberg largeformat@f32.net
Mon Mar 18 21:22:41 2002

Who knows if there's a general consensus?

I can't get decent results from TMax.  I don't buy it and don't use it -- I
use Ilford almost exclusively.

John Sexton uses TMax 100 exclusively.  Howard Bond uses it, as do a number
of other well known fine-art photographers.  They get superb results.

So?  Try it, use it, then judge for yourself.  (I wouldn't use the hc110 for
4x5.  I'd either use pyro, catechol, or tfx-2 depending "where you want to
go" with it.

I don't have an answer.

Don Feinberg
donf@cybernex.net

> OK not to sound to stupid. But I don't have a whole lot of experience with
> the t-max films. Being that I'm basically getting back into photography
from
> a bit of an absence. Anyway perhaps someone might let me in on the general
> properties of this film. I have tried it T-max 100 in 4x5 souped in hc110.
It