[LargeFormat] Keeping Film Cool (was Re: A new departure)

john frost largeformat@f32.net
Thu Mar 14 16:30:41 2002

Part of your proposed project has been done. The PHOTO TECHNIQUES
magazine for MAY/JUNE 2001 has an article pertaining to heat damage to
B&W and color negative and reversal films.

The test ran to 40 (forty) days at 110F (Fahrenheit). Looking at the
results, some films pick up density and some lose density. This may be
useful for zone system workers using color materials!

I would be interested in your test results going to 150F. I wonder if
there is a smelter in the area that would let us store film above their
furnaces for six months or so....

john (:>)