[LargeFormat] Keeping Film Cool (was Re: A new departure)

Brock Nanson largeformat@f32.net
Sat Mar 9 12:13:12 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "rstein" <rstein@bigpond.net.au>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2002 3:42 AM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Keeping Film Cool (was Re: A new departure)

|      But I must correct one thing - you spoke of holidaying in Queensland.
| One doesn't holiday in Queensland - one is sentenced to Queensland. Like
| being condemned to Scotland - some of the harder characters do a life
| stretch. ( Don't take on so - after all it is better than being guilty of
| living in New South Wales...or Old South Wales, for that matter.)

I define a holiday as any time spent away from work ;-)

Makes me recall the bumper sticker that says something along the lines of
'the worst day fishing is still better than the best day at work'.  I guess
we can all relate to that.  However, I do recall seeing a t-shirt that would
contradict you... Queensland was the the chosen land don't you know... the
other states had various problems, from baby-eating dingos to nuclear
contamination to serious genetic abnormalities (the last would be Tasmania
as you'd likely guess).  Don't have any rellies in the west to sponge off
of... unless I decide to count good ol' Uncle Dick ;-)

|     Is there any reason that the Pelican peopel could not make the big
cases
| in silver or white?

What colour did you get?  Mine is a silver-grey colour.  However, I think
they've changed the colour scheme since I bought that one about 14 years
ago!  Just FYI, I heard the other day that UK (Underwater Kinetics) had
merged with Pelican.  Don't know who will control the new company, but it
might mean that all the cases become bright yellow...

Brock