[LargeFormat] Keeping Film Cool (was Re: A new departure)

Karl Wolz largeformat@f32.net
Tue Mar 12 02:48:02 2002

Take a few sheets of tranny film and do a test.

Keep one frozen for a week as a control.  Keep one at room temperature.  Put
one in your glove box.  If you can get the folks at the airport to
cooperate, have one run though a scanner fifteen or twenty times.

Don't expose them.  Just take them to a lab and have them run as if they
were exposed, and ask for a quick desitometer reading.  I think that you'll
find the glovebox sheet is the worst off.

When it gets a bit warmer here (110F or so = about 160 inside a vehicle),
I'll contribute a couple sheets to the knowledge base myself, and do the
glovebox and the freezer.  I'll even use fresh film!

I've heard that European airports use a much higher dose of x-rays on their
inspections.  I could also check out our systems.

Karl Wolz