[LargeFormat] A new departure

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Thu Mar 7 05:55:54 2002

Dear Brock,

     My favourite baggage story concerned me and a ceremonial sword being
carried to Melbourne - a Scottish broadsword. Don't ask me why I was going
with a broadsword...the reason is still unclear even 5 years later.

     The sword went into a padded box, signed and sealed by the Baggage
Master of Perth Airport, was conveyed to the plane by Security, and I was
kept from boarding until all others went on. I paid for a budget seat and
was put into the front first class - apparently upon the assumption that I
was a military bigwig. Free sparkling wubla all the way over.

    I was escorted off the plane as the first to leave and was presented by
Security with the box and the key to retrieve the wretched slasher in
Melbourne. And the same in reverse for the return. All this for a dull
Indian-made poor copy of a Glasgow sword and a bemused traveller.

    I have since travelled dressed as Mother Theresa but nothing good
happened.....

     Uncle Dick