[LargeFormat] Enlargers and the New Darkroom

Charles Thorsten largeformat@f32.net
Tue Feb 12 16:32:12 2002

> I now have two ZBE Starlite 55 color heads, one on a ZBE Sentinette
> enlarger and the other on a Beseler 45V-XL. Absolutely the best heads I
> have ever ever used. Awesome! And I had my first enlarger in 1951. A
Federal.

> Charlie, why are you selling it and what kind of enlarger do/did you have
> it on?

I had it on an Omega D5 chassis.  Here's the thing.  I have
several other enlargers in my darkroom and I need to settle
on one system for color management.  Buying ZBE heads
for all of them would be prohibitively expensive.  I've set up
an excellent system with Zyco digital translators, which read
color and density at the easel with a probe.  It works very
effectively with regular dichroic heads.  So the ZBE head is
sitting in a box, hardly used.  I'm still toying with whether or
not to sell it.

I actually have one very good reason for selling it, if I can
get a decent price.  I have an opportunity to buy a very
nice Fotar 10x10 vertical enlarger with a Chromega F head.
This would expand my large format capabilities beyond my
current 4x5 limitation!  I'll keep everyone posted.

-Charlie