[LargeFormat] Enlargers and the New Darkroom

Charles Thorsten largeformat@f32.net
Sat Feb 9 17:46:22 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "rstein" <rstein@bigpond.net.au>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 5:05 PM
Subject: [LargeFormat] Enlargers and the New Darkroom

>     Now the question - there always is one, you know. Is there anyone else
> out there in LF-land who also prints colour neg or slide using tungsten
> illumination and sheet filters? Is it consistent for you? Are there any
> pitfalls in the technique that will crop up later?

That's interesting...in all my printing days, I've never heard of
someone printing color with tungsten light and corrective
filtration.  The only drawback I can see is the more you correct
the tungsten (e.g. to get a colder lightsource), your light intensity
will suffer quite a lot, causing long exposure times.  Make sure
you have a voltage stabilizer on your tungsten lightsource, and
you've got adequate coverage for your 4x5 film.

By the way, I've got a VERY nice ZBE Starlight 55 closed
loop colorhead for sale if anyone's interested.  It has the
most consistent even lightsource I've ever experienced for
4x5's.

-Charlie