[LargeFormat] Wooden Field Camera Jigsaws (was: re: A most useful manufacturer...)

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jan 18 11:50:30 2002

At 8:24 am -0800 18/1/02, lnphoto wrote:
snip

>I've since put in a new breaker box with seperate runs for the lights and
>the saws and it's a big help.  I"ve made lensboards--both onepiece plywood
>and three piece mahogany, light stands, One box camera, repaird one old
>camera that had been dropped and tore the bed off the box, and made lots and
>lots of saw dust. that's really my speciality!
>
>Les

Les,

You are just the person I need here right now - or maybe I should
come to you... A camera just arrived in the post, yep, it's wood and
they dropped it from the aircraft on the way over from the looks of
it. It was going to be the main part of my latest 6x17cm project but
has been trashed. Sigh....... Am well set up here for metal work but
not wood.  What sort of glue should I be using on the cherry wood to
piece it all back together?

Any tips on removal of those small nails used to attach bellows to
the standards would also be useful.

I sometimes get confused (well it has been happening a lot lately!)
with your name on the list - how about putting your name in your
EMail client to help me become less confused?