[LargeFormat] Survey of Field Cameras

Hornford, Dave largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jan 14 19:20:07 2002

> I am a bit surprised that we have so few Ebony users on the list - it=20
> might be interesting to do a quick survey at some point to see what=20
> people are using out in the field.

Sinar Alpina (replacing my old cast-iron Calumet & B&J Pressman) with a
Wollensak 162 and soon to be arriving Sironar 180 & Nikkor 300. My
recent acquisition of a Fuji Quickholder drove me to newer lens because
of the switch to colour. Honestly, it was all done to save weight  :-)

Once I have a wider lens selection I'll need to acquire a lighter field
camera - again, just to save weight.

Been out twice this winter and still think my Nikon F70 'lightmeter' has
much to be said for it - though I am getting much better at remembering
not to breath when focusing. I have faith I with learn the mixture of
lever & screw locks on the Alpina and discover if it has Axis or base
tilts/shifts and what the difference is. Now if I could only start using
the same film in the 'lightmeter' as my camera...=20

regards Dave